We live in a toxic environment- fact.
It seems nothing is exempt from triggering breast cancer. A recent study found the following list that includes cleaning materials, pesticides, herbicides, plastics, paper, textiles and even some personal care items.
Ever heard of 4-nonylphenol? It is a chemical that mimics estrogen and binds with estrogen receptor sites in breast tissue. William Baldwin, University of Texas, El Paso… the lead author states this chemical increases the risk for breast cancer. One of the reasons is because not only does it mimic estrogen, it tendency unlike natural estrogen to last longer.
This study group of Baldwin et al looked at the effects of a differing dose of 4-nonylphenol and estrogen to mice. The genetically altered mice easily developed breast cancer in 32 weeks whereas mice that were given the same dose of estrogen, did not.
Other risk factors that were taken into account were aging, early onset of period, late menopause, delayed childbearing and genetics which only explains 25-50% of breast cancers. It goes then without saying that environmental exposure is huge!
You can test for this environmental toxin, 4-nonlyphenol. The test is called Toxic Element Core. It is offered by Genova Diagnostics.
On the brighter side, you can make LifeStyle changes to your environment. How do you do that? You can find a Certified Functional Medicine expert on your own who has the knowledge, resources, and expertise to reduce this toxin and others, or you can contact me.
Patricia Boulogne, D.C., C.C.S.P., A.P., C.F.M.P.
Do you feel fine outside but as soon as you are inside you start to feel congested, ache or worse in a short period of time?
Take a look at the list of 37 symptoms below…do it now. Do you have any of these SYMPTOMS? If so, you may have exposure to Mold and have Mold Toxicity or Poisoning. Mold can hide in your home or work and if so, over a period of time impacts your life, your wellbeing and health. Here is the problem with many molds, they are invisible to the eye and emit noxious fumes that may be undetectable to the sense of smell but alter can be detrimental to your health.
Do you have any of these SYMPTOMS?
- -MUSCLE CRAMPS
- -UNUSUAL PAIN
- -ICE PICK PAIN
- -LIGHT SENSITIVITY
- -RED EYES
- -BLURRED VISION
- -SINUS PROBLEMS
- -SHORTNESS OF BREATH
- -ABDOMINAL PAIN
- -JOINT PAIN
- -MORNING STIFFNESS
- -MEMORY ISSUES
- -MEMORY ISSUES (WORDS)
- -LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
- -SKIN SENSITIVITY
- -MOOD SWINGS
- -APPETITE SWINGS
- -SWEATS (esp. night)
- -TEMPERATURE REGULATION
- -EXCESSIVE THIRST
- -INCREASED URINATION
- -STATIC SHOCKS
- -METALIC TASTE
*Note: this list was not designed to diagnose or treat any illness. Only a physician can diagnose.
How do you know if you have mold-related health problems?
- Exposure and living in a wet or humid climate- in or outside. Common culprits here are pools (in/out), aquariums, fitness center, and bathrooms.
- Exposure in buildings that there has been a recent flood or water damage. The CDC estimates 50% of buildings have had water damage.
- Exposure in a building such as a home, school, office that are built with drywall, which readily water-damaged and sometimes quite well hidden by wallpaper.
- Pipes and plumbing should be checked on a regular basis especially if you had a leak in your home in the last year.
- Food that has spoiled in the fridge not only have a mold that you may eat but also release toxic fumes that can be inhaled.
- Headaches and unexplained ‘rage’ or ‘anger’ or both with the above symptoms are indicative of exposure.
- See a qualified physician to confirm or dismiss whether the problem is mold based especially if there are multiple symptoms.
- “There are many mold exposure symptoms because the illness affects multiple systems in the body, which in turn, causes the patient to exhibit multiple symptoms. If you are experiencing several of these symptoms, you could be suffering from mold illness.” Dr. Richie Shoemaker, MD. Survivingmold.com
Online you can find a multitude of mold screening test, but ONLY a doctor can diagnose or confirm a diagnosis. Here are a few online resources for more information that I have found useful.
Beginner’s Guide To Toxic Mold http://paradigmchange.me/beginners/
Surviving Mold (General info/Diagnosis/Treatment) http://www.survivingmold.com/
BioToxin Illness Test https://biotoxinjourney.com/biotoxinillness-test/
3 Steps to take if you are concerned that Mold may be altering your health and wellness:
- ID the MOLD TYPE and SOURCE (HOME, OFFICE, WORK)
- FIND a DOCTOR with an EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND IN TREATING MOLD SUCCESSFULLY.
- MAKE LIFESTYLE CHANGES ESPECIALLY IN DIET- Find a COACH/Doctor who understands and can design a personalized program for you and can work with your doctor.
Any questions please feel free to reach out to me: AskDrPat@healthteamnetwork.com
Do you eat CHEERIOS, RITZ CRACKERS, OREO, LITTLE DEBBIE, OATMEAL, LUCY’S GF OATMEAL COOKIES…?
Even WHOLE FOODS MARKET “ORGANIC ROUND CRACKERS” have been tested and found amounts of Glyphosates from drift/contamination is making it to organic wheat fields!!!
How horrible is that to have poison sprayed on your foods you feed your Children, Family, and Friends?
If you do eat any of the above, then you are eating GLYPHOSOPHATES residues… Monsanto’s Round-UP!
The top offenders, listed above.
The number one is ‘Cheerios’ at 1,125 ppb. How many of your parents out there give your kids any of the above to snack on? Stop.
Why is this important?
It has been demonstrated that human health is harmed with as little as 0.1 ppb!
It is in your drinking water and it is deemed safe to drink if it is below 700 ppb. Tha is what the FDA set as allowable levels… this is the reason to drink filtered water or even better yet, reversed osmosis water and nothing from the tap which contains neurotoxins too boot (chlorine and fluorine)!
Why is this important? Glyphosates are CARCINOGENIC!
Glyphosates have now made it on the list of a top substance that causes cancer.
Problem is that tt’s consumption- is cumulative.
If it kills weeds, imagine what it is doing to you, your children and those you love.
Solution… buyer beware.
Your very life is at risk!
I have said, you are what you eat, but more importantly “you are what you have the ability to absorb.”
Farmers are feeding their livestock candy. Candy is providing an inexpensive method to deliver carbohydrates such as Skittles, gel-like bears, and other candies. For sure you do not want to eat meat that is handled and tampered with in this fashion.
Where are their ethics… it is unnatural and abusive to the animal it is health consequence is deep. We know that meat is chock full of drugs, pesticides, antibiotics and what you eat is quite the inflamed piece of meat… it is a totally different when the animal is grass fed.
Research shows that GMO foods sources like wheat and corn, processed or over pasteurized foods including soy products make you sick. These are the same food that is fed to livestock. They are bad for them and you… now you know where gut issues come from. You are eating meat that is pumped with drugs, pesticides, antibiotics to counteract the induced abnormal inflammation induced into the gut. Yuck.
In many instances like this, the animals are raised in ‘tight quarters” with not only poor food sources and lighting. Just think about the pollution side of this and the waste that gets into the watershed and soil, another contributing factor to unhealthy outcomes in those areas.
Solution: Make better choices when it comes to eating meat and poultry. Eat grass fed, pastured meats which are a Win-Win not only for us but for the animal and the environment. If you choose to eat meat you must eat the best out there.Grass fed, pasture raised, free range is always the best.
Remember, you are not what you eat, you are what you have the ability to absorb!